Wednesday 13 June 2012

Hola!

So I've been trying to use more colour on my sketchbook.
A bit rusty but I likes it.

Adding more colour will kick off my lazy habit of not finishing my sketches!

And hopefully more flowers too, I just realized how beautiful wild flowers can be, they grow wherever they can, they're tough and colourful. This just reminded me of a quote from Dolly Parton,

"When a flower grows wild, it can always survive
Wildflowers don't care where they grow..."

from her song titled, you guessed it! Wildflowers!

I am not that into Western country music but I like some of Dolly's songs like Joline, which was part of the movie soundtrack for Drew Barrymore's Whip It. This movie I Oh so love. It's a "be your own hero"- kind of movie. I got so hyped up about it that I ended up watching it several times and I even bought roller skates, yez, I did. 


Nothing wrong with it, I just really have to use the thing more WAY MORE! So if anyone reading this is a pro roller skater, we should skill share!

Hah. Nothing like movies selling you stuff.

What about you? Have you ever watched a film that really got you all hyped up about an idea, a lifestyle, a subculture, a fashion ? ... no you dont really have to tell me but I think it's amazing how people can easily get persuaded if it's under the blanket of "cool". Yeah, that's advertising fo ya, and that could be why Cool Hunting sells, no I don't really know.

So enjoy the music and maybe check out Whip It and who knows, maybe you'll end up watching the next Roller Derby of the season

Also, Thanks to Ava for the scans!

Muchlove,
- sz

No comments:

Post a Comment